Monday, August 11, 2008

Today was Jacob's first day of Kindergarten at Dry Creek Elementary School. I can't believe this day is finally here. It seems like only yesterday, we welcomed him into the world. You'll be proud of me that I didn't cry too much, but I haven't picked him up yet . . . so there's still a chance that I could loose it.

We are so proud of our Jacob; his is confident, well-adjusted, loving, sweet, but not afraid to stand up for himself. He was so excited today, hardly nervous at all. Meanwhile, my stomach was in knots for the last two days: Will he be alright? Did I pack enough snack? Will he make new friends? Will he like his teacher?


Despite my normal mommy fears, God has reminded me that none of us are out of his control. Jacob actually reminded me this morning that God knew all of us before we were even born, and that He loves us so much and can see everything, everywhere. I guess I was the one that needed the pep talk :-) That's our Jacob.

Atta Boy!




7 comments:

bloom where you are planted said...

Yea Jacob! You are a brave boy to go to a new school. I know you will make lots of friends!
Congradulations mom and dad for a small step in letting go. He is in God's hands as he always has been. :)Marta

Lauren Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like Jacob was very excited about his first day. I bet that this will be a great year for him. I often think that the first days of school are much more stressful for the parents and it seems like the time moves in slow motion while they are gone.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jacob is in kindergarten now. I remember when you were first expecting him! You must be proud of what he was able to remind you of regarding God’s presence with us always. Those knots you referred to in your stomach reoccur when our children take other new steps in their lives. We continually have to trust God to care for them. May their lives grow to reflect His love and character.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful young man you have. Thanks for sharing your life with me.

Anonymous said...

Tell Jacob “congrats” on his first day of school. And congrats to you for surviving it!

Anonymous said...

I just viewed your family's recent pictures for the first time, and, as always, was so pleased to be "in on" that precious occasion when Jacob started to school, and his intelligent way of handling all the newness of it! He and his sister (and brother) are both good examples of joy and loving anticipation as they grow up. Thank you so much for send me those precious pictures.